Mold Remediation and Removal
Northwest Crawl Space Services specializes in residential mold remediation and removal services.
The growth of mold in your home’s crawl space and attic can be very hazardous for your family’s health and can damage the structure of your home.
Our highly trained technicians specialize in remediating mold in your home’s attic and crawl space, using time-tested treatment methods. We’re also experts at locating the source of the problem and fixing it to avoid future mold issues.
Poor air ventilation in the attic due to failing air baffles led to mold growth
What is Mold?
The term ‘mold’ generally refers to any fungus that grows and spreads on organic material. Mold will usually grow when the material is damp and will survive if it has enough moisture and oxygen. There are many different kinds of mold, but they all belong to the fungi family and behave similarly.
What are the risks of having mold growth in your house?
– Structural Damage: When mold is growing and spreading in your attic or crawl space, and has the right conditions to live, the wood will start to rot – basically getting eaten away by the fungus. Rotted roof sheeting, joists, beams, or posts can cause severe structural damage to your house and will cause an expensive repair. Rotted wood cannot be saved and has to be replaced.
– Health Risk: Mold growth can reduce the air quality in your house and have several negative health effects. People who are sensitive to mold spores may experience stuffy nose, skin and eye irritation, or even more severe reactions.
What are some reasons mold can grow to occur in your home’s crawl space or attic?
Mold will grow on building materials in crawl spaces and attics when there is an accumulation of water or high levels of moisture.
- A plumbing leak in crawl space or attic
- Your roof leaks
- Standing water in the crawl space
- No vapor barrier in crawl space (high level of moisture from the soil)
- Poor air ventilation in crawl space or attic, allowing moisture to build up
Mold inside your house can be seen and addressed when caught, but mold in a crawl space or attic is often overlooked or neglected altogether. This is where we at Northwest Crawl Space can help you!
First, we’ll inspect all wooden materials in the crawl space or attic such as roof sheeting, joists, beams, and posts. We’ll assess whether treatment can be done, or replacement is needed (sometimes both). In the inspection we’ll also locate the source of the mold and prevent it from growing back over time.
After formulating the right plan, our mold remediation crew will use special fungicide solutions to kill the mold and the best mold inhibitors material to complete the treatment. If any wood has to be replaced because of rot, our team will remove the damaged wood and replace it with similar products while following all relevant building codes.